Quora Programming Challenge by Quora is a programming challenge inspired by real-world challenges in Quora’s from product, systems, and machine learning applications to create an interesting set of algorithm problems.
At Quora, we work on challenging engineering problems every day, and we are looking for strong engineers to join our small but exceptionally talented team.
The Contest is open to anyone, anywhere (except certain countries listed below). You must register with a Quora account to enter.
By registering for the contest, you agree that we may reach out to you to recruit you if we have job openings available.
The programming challenge is inspired by real-world challenges in Quora’s from product, systems, and machine learning applications to create an interesting set of algorithm problems, that you’ll love to solve.
Participants must be individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the age of majority in your place of residence, whichever is older at the time of entry.
You should have a Laptop/Computer, & a good internet connection during the contest.
Since the timezones of participants all across the globe may vary, the challenge has been divided into 2 divisions.
Each division will have its own unique set of problems and a separate set of winners and prizes.
The Contest period has two different divisions:
- Division 1: February 6, 2021 from14:00 to 18:00 (UTC + 00:00)
- Division 2: February 7, 2021 from 01:00 to 05:00 (UTC + 00:00)
Participants may participate in one or both divisions.
No Contest submissions of qualifying problem answers will be accepted after the close of the Contest Term. Limit one (1) entry per division per individual.
Each submitted answer must be written in C++, C, Java, or Python. The time limit and a memory limit of the evaluation server for each problem is shown in the corresponding problem statement provided during the Contest Term.
- Participants are not allowed to get help from other Participants. If plagiarism is detected, Participants may be disqualified.
- Participants can use any source code that is written or published before the contest or generated using tools that were written and published before the contest.
Rules for Quora Programming Challenge
- Login details will be sent after you register for the contest before the contest date.
- Each Division will have 6 problems, & each problem will be scored out of 100.
- Participants can participate in both divisions.
- If there is a tie in the score it will be resolved by considering the timestamp of the final submission of each participant.
- Any plagiarism in code will have immediate disqualification of the participant.
|1st place||$2000 USD|
|2nd place||$1000 USD|
|3rd place||$500 USD|
|4th to 10th place||$200 USD|
|Top 50 places||Quora T-Shirt|
Participants who score well may also be fast-tracked through our interview process if they are interested in roles at Quora.
Which Language is best for you Java, C, or Python? Find here.
Join Our Telegram Channel for Exclusive Updates