Since, the start of nation-wide lockdown, many companies have come forward to help engineering students, by either providing free courses or virtual internships, so that learning can still be continued.
Also, you should also know these 15 Free Courses from Top Tech Companies.
In this article, we will be looking at the Top 5 Internship Opportunities for Engineering Students.
Note: Read the complete article, so that you find the right course for yourself. Some of the internships may have expired depending on the vacancies & deadline.
Internship Opportunity #1: SDE at Amazon India
Amazon India is hiring undergraduates & graduates for the role of Software Development Intern.
Amazon India is looking for talented individuals, with perfect technical & programming skills, a positive attitude & work in a dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for the delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, and tools.
The Internship is from Amazon’s office, located in Banglore, India.
Departments: Software Development
Internship Opportunity #2: Technical Consulting Engineer at Cisco
Cisco is an American multinational company, which manufactures & sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications, equipment & other high technology services & products.
Cisco offers services majorly in the IT sector, & is also regarded as one of the world’s best places to work.
➥Eligibility & Requirements
- Should be a Recent Graduate or in the final year of B.tech in either Computer Science/IT/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum CGPA: 8.5/10.0 (or above)
- Should be passing out in either 2021 or 2022.
- Excellent Communication & Inter-personal skills
- Should be passionate about technology, networking, & computer science.
- Should be able to work efficiently in a team.
- Knowledge about technologies, holding Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP), or industry-recognized certifications is a plus point.
- Comfortable in problem-solving & working in a fast-paced & multi-dimensional environment.
- Should have strong analytical skills, & the ability to solve technical challenges.
- Should be comfortable in traveling to customer sites(it will depend on your profile & working role)
Internship Opportunity #3: Synopsys: IT Internship
Synopsys is an American electronic design automation company, founded in 1986, with over more than 13,000 employees.
The company focusses on silicon design & verification, software security & quality.
As an Intern you will :
1. You will be responsible for contributing to IT automation, Analytics & DevOps.
2. You will learn a lot of DevOps technologies, & would participate in various automation/analytics initiatives.
Internship Opportunity #4: Internship at Intel India
Intel India is also offering internships to students & recent graduates.
Intel Corporation is an American multinational corporation and technology company, which is also one of the largest semiconductor processing chips producers in the whole world & most of the processors found in personal Pcs.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job.
Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
Should be pursuing B.tech/M.tech
Internship Opportunity #5: Internship at Nissan India
Nissan India supports the development of young students through a structured program during a period of 2-3 months Internship.
The purpose of the Programme is to support the company’s need for qualified employees (from various fields of study e.g. Production and Purchasing Management, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, HR, etc.) who will add value to the Company and can be considered when an opportunity arises for the student to be employed in a full-time capacity.
Improve your Python Skills, with these courses.